Terms & Conditions
Please note: All rates for Day Tours are quoted as departing and returning to Port Elizabeth.
Tours departing from and returning to outlying towns and districts will be quoted on their individual merits and circumstances.
Advertised rates are valid from 01.11.2017 to 31.10.2018
A deposit of 50% of the total amount of the reservation is required to confirm a booking, the balance of which must be paid a minimum of two weeks before the commencement date of the tour.
Please note that bank transfers must include all bank charges.
In order to confirm reservations with our service providers we in turn need to make a deposit with them within 5 working days of the acceptance of the tour itinerary.
For agent bookings, payment must be made before guest’s arrival.
The quoted rates include all the expenses, either included or excluded as described in each individual itinerary.
Accommodation is based on two persons sharing a room. Single rooms are available at an additional cost but are not always guaranteed.
The rates are quoted in South African Rand.
Group rates available on request.
Single travellers welcome (single supplement applies).
Children 5 years and older welcome on safaris.
Short term reservations must be accompanied by a signed agreement committing to the tour, the number of persons due to go on tour, the place of residence of the person or persons booking the tour and valid contact details of at least one of the persons booked on the tour.
Cancellations are only effective upon Alan Tours receipt of written notification.
The scale of charges expressed as a percentage of the tour rate, is as follows:
- Cancellations made within 60 working days before date of departure forfeit 25%
- Cancellations made within 30 working days before date of departure forfeit 50%
- Cancellations made within less than 14 working days before date of departure forfeit 100%
- A full refund will be considered on merit, by management, in the event of illness / hospitalisation / accident or death, upon receipt of proof.
- No refund will be granted should the client / operator not complete the tour.
Exceptions to our cancellation policy that apply to cruise ship and inbound aircraft passengers who have made reservations for Tours, Safaris or Excursions with Alan Tours and have pre-paid for these services
- Arrangements will be made to reschedule where possible any Safari, Tour or Excursion reservations that have been pre-booked with Alan Tours and paid for by passengers arriving by cruise ship or aircraft who for reasons of bad weather or other circumstances that are within reason out of the control of the passengers using either inbound cruise ships or aircraft.
- If for whatever reason an inbound cruise ship or aircraft cannot or will not dock in the Port Elizabeth’s harbour or that an inbound aircraft cannot or will not land at the Port Elizabeth airport and those passengers who have made reservations with Alan Tours and who have pre-paid for such Safaris, Tours or Excursions and who through reasons out of the control, Alan Tours undertakes to refund 80% of the amount and to reimburse this amount into the clients credit card account at our soonest convenience.
- If for any reason passengers are prevented from disembarking from their ship or from their aircraft once these have either docked at the relevant harbour or having landed at the relevant airport for whatever reason that is out of their control then Alan Tours undertakes to refund 70% of the amount previously paid and to reimburse this amount into the clients credit card account at our soonest convenience.
We accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards. Alternatively you can settle via EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). Banking details below:
Bank: ________________ Nedbank
Branch: ________________Walmer Park
Branch code: ___________113717
Account number: ______ 1137025042
Account Holder: _______ Alan Tours
Swift code: ____________NEDSZAJJ
Type: _________________ Cheque account
Vehicles will be provided according to the route and number of clients.
Insurance and public liability. Alan Tours are covered by a reputable and well recognised company of insurance brokers, cover that includes passenger liability and full vehicle insurance and underwritten by Lloyds of London.
The quoted rates are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park/conservation fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT or any other circumstances beyond our control in South Africa or the countries described in the quotation or reservation.
Alan Tours cannot be held responsible for any loss of life, limb or other injury or loss or damage to property and belongings nor the time lost due to unforeseen delays due to circumstances out of our control while our guests are on tour with Alan Tours or any of our designated service providers or sub-contractors assisting us in the day to day running of our business that may occur on the tour or activity booked with us.
Guests should take out reliable and comprehensive travel insurance for their own personal belongings, personal accident, emergency or medical travel and other expenses, cancellation and restrictions imposed on their travel plans and bookings.
Alan Tours will not be held responsible for any changes initiated by airlines or discontinue flights on certain routes or change scheduled timetables resulting in missed connections etc.
It is essential that we are advised by our guests of any allergies or other medical conditions they might have, so that we and our service providers are aware of the situation before their arrival in South Africa. Should there be any dietary requirements that need to be catered for please advice us in good time to ensure that our service providers can make the necessary arrangements to provide the required meals etc. Some of these requirements might attract extra costs.
Thank you for your understanding.
P.O. Box 185
Tel: +27 (0) 41 378 1486
Cell: +27 (0) 72 358 4634
Fax: +27(0) 86 603 3701
Back Top Enquire by Email